The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency

For the past 13 years I have had a book obsession with the Alexander McCall Smith's series, The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency; in my world McCall Smith cannot write them fast enough for me!

Set in Botswana his stories tell the tales of private detective Mma Precious Ramotswe and her side-kick Mma Makutsi, written in such a charming way with plenty of what I call Africanisms (humour and 'only in Africa' point of view).

The latest book in the series was released last month, The Limpopo Academy of Private Detection, of which I am already halfway through...although I know I should slow down as it maybe another year or two until I get my next Mma Ramotswe reading dose.

Safari Fusion blog | The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency | African stories

Safari Fusion blog | The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency | African stories
Mma Precious Ramotswe as featured in the BBC TV series

Comments