Zanzibar dreaming

Safari Fusion blog | Zanzibar dreaming | Tanzania safari retreat Kilindi Zanzibar
I have had a fun week so far, holiday planning for later this year and a return trip to Africa for early 2013.

Even though I will not be making it to Zanzibar on my next Africa trip, it is always on the top of my list to return to one day and just maybe stay in one of those beautiful coastal villas.

The gorgeous hideaway of Kilindi Zanzibar ticks all the boxes; white washed walls and simple organic design set against the backdrop of the Indian Ocean. It is the perfect exotic location to relax, unwind and indulge (and is most definitely on the list!).

Safari Fusion blog | Zanzibar dreaming | Tanzania safari retreat Kilindi Zanzibar
Safari Fusion blog | Zanzibar dreaming | Tanzania safari retreat Kilindi Zanzibar
Safari Fusion blog | Zanzibar dreaming | Tanzania safari retreat Kilindi Zanzibar
Safari Fusion blog | Zanzibar dreaming | Tanzania safari retreat Kilindi Zanzibar
Images: Elewana Collection Kilindi Zanzibar

Comments

  1. I have always wanted to visit Africa. Ever since I was a little girl I have spoken of it. I actually almost made it there this year whilst I was in Spain, but alas I did not get the vaccinations done in time. I hope to visit in the next couple of years... where are your favourite places in Africa? I would love to find out from someone so passionate about such an intriguing place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ula, thank you for your lovely comment!

      My all time favourite places in Africa are Botswana's Okavango Delta - beautiful floodplains that are forever changing with the seasons. You can travel at different times of the year and the landscape is completely different. The Kalahari Desert is also incredible, white salt pans all the way to the horizon, it is how I would imagine it to be on the moon!

      Zambia's Lower Zambezi - the mighty Zambezi River flows through this area, so lots of river based game viewing. There is nothing like watching an elephant come to the river to drink and have it standing higher up on the river bank over you.

      Cape Town, South Africa - spectacular setting for a city. I always explain that it is like Melbourne and Sydney combined, culture and beautiful water setting, on a smaller scale. I can spend weeks here walking the streets and exploring the surrounding areas.

      Kenya, Tanzania & Mozambique coast - Lamu, Zanzibar & Benguerra Island - exploring the old stone towns on Lamu and Zanzibar with their Arabian influence is like stepping back in time 100 years. Plus you will find some of the worlds best beaches along the coast here. Mozambique has a reef that rivals the Great Barrier Reef, great snorkelling & diving.

      Also on my favourites list is the rock churches of Lalibela in Ethiopia, Fes & Essaouira in Morocco, southern Tunisia, Serengeti Tanzania and the Masai Mara Kenya, Kaokoveld with the Himba tribe in Namibia and Gorilla Tracking in what was Zaire and is now DR of Congo.

      Delete

Post a Comment